[Gllug] who is going to the novell roadshow tomorrow?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Mar 5 14:57:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:34:18PM +0000, Joel wrote:

> Have no doubt, Linux has benefitted enormously from Novell's patronage.
> I'm sure Novell have benefitted too, but is that really a problem? Did
> you do any work at all to gain the benefit of their expense?

A significant factor in SCO's failure with their lawsuit has been the
fact that Novell actually owned much of the ip that they were fighting
over and Novell came out for Linux.  This is an important thing to
remember now that Novell and many Linux advocates are falling out.  Will
be interesting to see if it has any consequences.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"