[Gllug] Is this right? (Permissions question)

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Thu Mar 8 08:18:21 UTC 2007

On Mar 03, 06:03, Nix wrote:

> >>  [...]
> >> Good luck!
> >
> > Well, I previously had my mail being redirected from ukreg/fasthosts,
> > but they had some sort of routing problem sending my email to eclipse,
> > which they hadn't resolved in over a week. I think I'll take my
> > chances with google.
>
> Alternatively you can avoid redirecting mail from anywhere. After
> repeated SNAFUs with mail redirection and so forth, I happily jumped
> onto the run-your-own-MX bandwagon when I got broadband, and have never
> looked back. (Yes, technically, this too is a single- point-of-failure,
> but it's not a very often-failing point, and if it fails I damn well
> *know* about it and generally can fix it.)

I have been running my own mail for long time and it isn't difficult if
you go for a pair of low spec Xen virtual private servers you can have a
really robust email setup for around 10UKP per month.

As for setting it up this makes even a complex setup easy enough for
Windows admins to setup.

http://howtoforge.net/taxonomy_menu/1/78?s=b55a9799f489643cda374d9b3d42712b&

--
Peace Jim :-)

 The state is a condition, a certain relationship between beings, a mode of
 behaviour; we destroy it by contracting other relationships, by behaving
 differently.
 --Gustav Landauer (1870-1919)