[Gllug] OT: laptop docks and airliner holds

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Sat Mar 31 13:44:32 UTC 2007

Hi

Christopher Currie wrote:
> I've recently acquired an X41 thinkpad with ultrabay dock from Linux Emporium.

A very wise choice :)

> Anyone have any stories either about that sort of risk, or about damage to
> electronics of components like that?

Nope, I always take all my laptop gear through in hand luggage. Even if
they don't search it they could still lose my checked in bag and leave
me without some crucial piece of hardware.

> apart from the padlockability (which seems rather theoretical).

Of course the thinkpad itself has padlockability and you could probably
get some viciously adhesive pads to run the cable through, for a USB hub.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net