[Gllug] [ANNOUNCE] REMINDER: GLLUG Meeting Saturday 24th March

Dan Kolb dan at eco.li
Fri Mar 23 16:27:06 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the next GLLUG meeting will take place on Saturday 24th
March, starting at 1.30pm, at the New Cavendish Street campus of Westminster
University. This is in the shadow of the BT Tower; the nearest tube stations
are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Goodge Street. You will find a map
at http://www.wmin.ac.uk/cavendish/Map.htm or at http://shorterlink.org/1882

NOTE: You will need to sign in at the front desk to gain access to the
building.

At this event we have the following speakers/features:

* Pete Ryland

Pete Ryland will present a talk/tutorial on his new Python GUI Library

* David Harris

David Harris (http://www.geeklawyer.org/blog/) will be talking about legal
issues relevant to geeks

* Steve McIntyre

Steve, currently the Debian Second in Charge, will be talking about Debian
matters

* Lightning talks

We plan to run a set of lightning talks of no more than 10 minutes each,
including questions.

As usual, we shall decant to a nearby pub for drinks and food after the
meeting.

Dan