[Gllug] [OT] Nice childrens online worlds ... that are linux friendly. Suggestions anyone?

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 21:07:49 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 Mar 2007 22:39, M.Blackmore wrote:
> The girls in the village have got into Club Penguin in a big way
> (www.clubpenguin.com) and are pestering to get us to sign them up.
>
> It seems a nice little online world suitable for the under 12s, with no
> pop up adverts and moderated online.
>
> But before we sign up does anyone know of anything else that is suitable
> for kids from 4-12 or so, young ones as well seeing as little brothers
> and sisters have been desperate to get in on the act.
[snip]
> Help appreciated from the beleugered parents of primary year 5...

My teenage (15) daughter uses something of the sort, 'll ask her what when I
see her :) - Habbo Hotel I think it's called.
Not sure how good for under 12's as I don't pay it much attention, but it
seems to be popular & she has a Linux Desktop. I think some bits of it are a
little non-functional..
My oldest writes Realmcrafter, which is for bigger kids!

I guess the majority of geeks don't have kids, judging by the thread
length? ;p

Mark