[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Mar 15 10:44:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> Branson bought himself a company in serious trouble and doesn't realise
> quite what he's let himself in for - the only advantage he's got (at
> present) is that his company is a monopoly, and that most of the
> infrastructure is already there.  Much of the expensive digging and
> running cables has already been done (albeit not very well).  He's going
> to come seriously unstuck when many of the other TV companies he buys
> programmes from decide to follow Sky's lead, and increase their prices.
> He's already losing huge numbers of TV customers.

Our of interest - do any cable customers here buy the cable tv service
specifically for access to non-terrestrial and non-freeview channels other
than the Sky ones that are no longer available on Virgin?

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98