[Gllug] who is going to the novell roadshow tomorrow?

Thomi Richards thomir at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 20:03:07 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 12:36, Chris Jones wrote:
> > Is anybody evil if they make money from open source?
>
> Of course not, anyone who suggests that is likely to be an insane zealot.
> I suspect the majority of us on this list make our money from open
> source - I've been primarily focussed on Linux syadminning for a decade
> now and so all of my pay packets in that time have been derived from
> Open Source goodness.

That is especially true when you consider the multitude of open source
technologies and libraries that businesses use. For example, I work as a
programmer helping to develop a proprietary product, but we use QT.. so I
guess I can count myself as someone who "makes money from open source"..

--
Thomi Richards
thomir at gmail.com