[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Ben Whyte ben at whyte-systems.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 15:40:27 UTC 2007

> No I am in CR7. The long outage was last Saturday, knew that it was a network
> problem because the phone still worked (it did on the only other outage I
> have had as well).
> A neighbour involved in the outage  booked a service visit for the Monday
> thinking that their box was faulty and Virgin rang them back and cancelled it
> for them.
> From what I can gather from other users the first customer to report an area
> problem is always told that they need an  engineer visit but that while
> Virgin/Telewest are checking out the fault they find that it is on their kit
> not his and call him back to explain and cancel the visit.
>
> John

I expierenced this when with NTL, I had a problem which took tv and net
down, but not the phone.  So called up and said look you have a network
fault can you get an engineer out.  But they insisted that I had a box
fault and booked me an engineer visit.  Only for them to cancel it
without telling me, causing me to miss a meeting i needed to go to.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk