[Gllug] [OT] How can I find a job like sysadmin in London?

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Tue Mar 20 10:07:00 UTC 2007

Peter Childs wrote:
> On 20/03/07, Richard Huxton <dev at archonet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Next you'll be saying that some of them just email CVs without actually
>> bothering to read the job-spec or CV.
>>
>> (Richard, IT Manager for a recruitment company some years ago)
>
> Yes I would agree with that statement, both from the point of view of
> using them to hire and using them to job hunt.
>
> They also charge through the roof.
>
> Although this is probably a mass generatilisation,

Hiring through recruitment companies is generally a lousy experience.

Handling it all yourself is generally a lousy experience.

Most companies aren't large enough to gain experience hiring IT people
by either method.

It's a recipe for cowboys really - a bit like IT itself (or plumbing,
building, ...)

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd