[Gllug] ADSL moving delays

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Wed Mar 21 13:54:49 UTC 2007

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Alex Smith wrote:
>> 10 Day's! When I moved recently it was swapped the same day (Went off at
>> noon at the old house, was on at the new house by 5PM).
>>

> Ditto.  Thankyou BT and Zen.

I'm currently going through the same thing, except I'm literally just
moving a few feet to a different office, which, suprise, suprise they
can't find on their database!

They also can't find my broadband provider to do the 2 day switch, which
might be down to him being an EntaNet reseller.

So BT are attempting the whole full £120 charge for reconnection thing,
as well a full site survey by an engineer which will take weeks.

I'm thinking along the lines of a temporary phone extension lead and/or
wireless connection ;o)

Paul Lee
www.ma1.we
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk