[Gllug] Free Vs enterprise OSS releases

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sat Mar 31 15:15:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:24:07AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> I am biased in this matter, but my suggestion would be to use
> distributions which don't distinguish between first class and second
> class users :)

How do you manage to translate the fact that Novell and Red Hat provide
Enterprise versions with one support model and free versions with a
different one into first and second class?  Particularly since the OP
wants up-to-date packages that are available to the free version but not
the paid-support one?

Yes, Debian only has one kind of maintenance cycle, but then the Debian
Project doesn't offer any support at all.  (Note: Debian user)

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"