[Gllug] Apt-proxy and Debian

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 08:42:14 UTC 2007

Hello,
   I have successfully used apt-proxy for a considerable time, but I am
trying to use it to cache Debian Etch and it is now repeatedly failing to
work. I know that there have been recent problems with out-of-date gpg
signatures, but I thought they were supposed to be sorted. I am still
getting /Release.gpg and /Release errors, although the files held in the
apt-proxy cache do appear to be updated, then all other files offered are
ignored. I have seen it work after re-booting the apt-proxy machine, but not
for subsequent requests, and it appears to have stopped again.
   I do not know of any other cacher that can download a requested file from
any mirror site shown in a preference order list. Is anyone managing to get
it to work?

--
Chris Bell