[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Elliot Moore elliot at devnull.org.uk
Fri Mar 16 18:32:51 UTC 2007

On 16 Mar 2007, at 16:32, damion.yates at gmail.com wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Jason Clifford wrote:
>
>> Ou[t] of interest - do any cable customers here buy the cable tv
>> service specifically for access to non-terrestrial and non-freeview
>> channels other than the Sky ones that are no longer available on
>> Virgin?
>
> I got Telewest when we moved to a building that claims to be too posh
> for satellite dishes to be permitted.

Talk to the building management, they might not want everyone
installing a personal dish, but may be open to discuss the
installation of a shared dish.
I saw an ad from sky in the paper last week: Sky will install, for
free, a shared disk/cabling if there are > 4 subscribers in a building.

ask your neighbours, its worth a shot...

ells..