[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Elliot Moore elliot at devnull.org.uk
Wed Mar 14 11:31:39 UTC 2007

On 13 Mar 2007, at 18:48, J. Dudley Swale wrote:

> Have had two breaks of service so far one lasted less than an hour
> and was
> attributed to a technical fault the other lasted about twenty three
> hours
> when someone dug up and broke a fibre cable and a new one had to be
> laid.
> All in all verry much better than BT.

Do you live in N7/N19, was this 23hr outage a couple of weeks ago? :O)
Took out TV and internet (thankfuly not phone so i could dialup)
I called Virgin support before the outage news hit their website and
was told I'd need an engineer visit (to arrive 7 days later) as my
cable box was broken..
I refused the visit, i'd kinda worked out that it was an area problem
as TV/internet was also down on my neighbor and it would have saved
me £10 fine as I would have forgotten to cancel the engineer at a
later date.

Oh how I laughed..
Still when its up its fast and responsive and consistent, though I
don't want to pay for the TV service anymore, its cack.

ells..

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk