[Gllug] SIP conference

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 21:00:53 UTC 2007

Pete Ryland wrote:

> Even for home users, you can now get an 802.11g SIP phone for <£200.
> How about a wireless adsl router with SIP for <£130 (plugs into your
> existing phone which can take calls via SIP or POTS)?  Or just a plain
> ethernet SIP phone for your existing network (to replace your home
> phone) for £50-£200 from any one of many suppliers.

I got my wireless (DECT) SIP/analogue switchable phone for < £80. So,
the hardware is hardly expensive. It's a Siemens C460IP if anyone's
interested*.

Mike

* Caveat - I only got it recently, and though I'm using it on my BT line
I've not yet had time to configure Asterisk for it, though it looks
straightforward.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk