[Gllug] networking guide

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu May 31 13:44:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, - Tethys wrote:

> It all depends on the reason for wanting multiple lines in the first
> place. The original poster wasn't clear on that. If it's for
> performance, then that's fine. When I was looking into it, I wanted
> resilience, which meant I needed two different ISPs. MLPPP won't help if
> you're wanting multihoming.

True enough but there are degrees of resilience.

Given that the most common point of failure on ADSL is the specific line
bonding multiple lines for resilience is a good value option (about half
my bonded customers use it for just that reason).

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk