[Gllug] List back

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon May 14 17:48:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, paul at ma1.se wrote:

> I think I'd concur with Mikes server recommendations a few posts back, -
> the dual Core Xeon HP's with the dinky drives.

While they look interesting I think I'll have to pass on the HP kit. They
are just too expensive to be viable so I think I'll just go with something
from DNUK.

> I can probably donate some older Compaq gear but they may not be too
> viable now from a power consumption point of view given restrictions in
> Redbus now. I've a few DL360's kicking around but they have a tendency
> to pop PSU's.

I'm not going to use older kit as I want to avoid the potential for
problems such as I have had to deal with over the past couple of weeks.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk