[Gllug] css upgrade - the holy grail

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon May 28 13:09:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007 13:50:23 +0100 David Neil
<GLLUG at getaroundtoit.co.uk> wrote:

> So either we stick with staid, old, boring, old, HTML (yawn) or we
> ask a question: When is it reasonable to assume that one's audience
> will either already have OR could easily be persuaded to download
> some add-on

To repeat something that's already been said: this is not focusing on
the issue that faces a web designer. A web designer should be asking the
question: what's the minimum I have to do to get my message across?

The point is not whether HTML is boring or not, but how interesting is
the web page that you build with it.

And, of course, when it comes to Flash, do you consider a user who's
downloaded Flashblock more sophisticated or less than one who's only
download Flash?

--
 All the best,
 John