[Gllug] Bluetooth

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 21 20:29:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 14:55 +0100, Frank Scott wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 12:37:21PM +0100, Progga wrote:
> >
> > Recently I saw a Thinkpad R60 which has bluetooth.  I noticed that this machine
> > has a bluetooth indicator similar to the wireless indicator under the display.
> > It looks like a small bug (in biological sense).  Maybe that's the easiest
> > indicator.  I could even switch it on/off from KDE's network manager.
> >

> As does my T43P (2668)

And my R51 does as well!

Got it working pretty well, too.  I've used it successfully to configure
kerbside detectors on traffic signals - they're IR digital cameras with
crude software analysis of scene change. The Bluetooth connection allows
alignment of the monitored area without the need to go climbing up the
pole!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk