[Gllug] List back

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Mon May 14 16:51:10 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2007, michael enoma aghayere wrote:
>
> I'd appreciate if anyone can recommend a good supplier of servers that are
> not too power hungry.
>
> Jason

I think I'd concur with Mikes server recommendations a few posts back, -
the dual Core Xeon HP's with the dinky drives.

http://tinyurl.com/2t276e

Had the opportunity to play with some of these a few weeks back with a
view to replacing some of my old Compaq kit.

I powered up one of my old Compaq DL380's in IP House recently
with its four clunking great SCSI's. The lights of the data centre
appearing to dim noticeably dimming as it came on line - not a good
sign! ;o)

I can probably donate some older Compaq gear but they may not be too
viable now from a power consumption point of view given restrictions in
Redbus now. I've a few DL360's kicking around but they have a tendency
to pop PSU's.

regards

Paul Lee
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk