[Gllug] debian Sarge Apache2 php not working

Rhys Powell stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 14 17:02:53 UTC 2007

Richard Huxton wrote:
> Rhys Powell wrote:
>> Richard Huxton wrote:

>>> What happens with "apt-get install libapache2-mod-php4"? You should get
>>> some sort of error message.
>>>
>> Reading Package Lists... Done
>> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>>
>> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
>> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
>> that package should be filed.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>    libapache2-mod-php4: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1) but
>> 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6 is to be installed
>>                         Depends: libdb4.4 but it is not installable
>>                         Depends: libkrb53 (>= 1.4.2) but 1.3.6-2sarge3
>> is to be installed
>>                         Depends: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8c-1) but it is not
>> installable
>
> Well, you're libc hasn't been upgraded, so I'm guessing that's the root
> of it. It mentions "sarge" in the versions there. You're doing a
> dist-upgrade to "etch" from sarge, yes?
>
> What does apt-cache/dpkg-query say about your libc versions?

un  libc0.1        <none>         (no description available)
un  libc0.2        <none>         (no description available)
un  libc0.3        <none>         (no description available)
un  libc0.3-dev    <none>         (no description available)
un  libc1-dev      <none>         (no description available)
un  libc5-dev      <none>         (no description available)
ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-22sa GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone
un  libc6-bin      <none>         (no description available)
un  libc6-dbg      <none>         (no description available)
ii  libc6-dev      2.3.2.ds1-22sa GNU C Library: Development Libraries
and Hea
un  libc6-doc      <none>         (no description available)
un  libc6-pic      <none>         (no description available)
un  libc6-prof     <none>         (no description available)
un  libc6.1        <none>         (no description available)
un  libc6.1-dev    <none>         (no description available)
un  libc6.1-pic    <none>         (no description available)

just tried running

~# apt-get upgrade libc6
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
   courier-authdaemon file inkscape libkrb53 libmagic1
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

--
   .^.
   /V\

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk