[Gllug] debian Sarge Apache2 php not working

Rhys Powell stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 14 15:18:08 UTC 2007

Richard Huxton wrote:
> Rhys Powell wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> 	Just recently run a dist-upgrade on a remote debian box that I have.
>> Being a fedora bod at heart and possibly believing all the hype that
>> debian was good at this I had no fears, seems I was a bit too trusting
>> as now its not recognising php as an appropriate mime type.
>>
>> I've had a fish around and both php4 and php5 appear to be installed, so
>> tried to apt-get libapache2-mod-php4 (and 5) and both fail to install.
>> php4 is in the mods-available directory but once the symlink from
>> mods-enable is setup it fails for libapachephp4.so missing.
>
> What happens with "apt-get install libapache2-mod-php4"? You should get
> some sort of error message.

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

   libapache2-mod-php4: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1) but
2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6 is to be installed
                        Depends: libdb4.4 but it is not installable
                        Depends: libkrb53 (>= 1.4.2) but 1.3.6-2sarge3
is to be installed
                        Depends: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8c-1) but it is not
installable
E: Broken packages
> Looks like you also need php4-common (and probably php4-pear/mysql/etc
> for actual applications)
>    dpkg-query --list '*php4*'

uppercase=bad)
rc  libapache-mod- 4.3.10-19      server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
languag
rc  libapache2-mod 4.3.10-19      server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
languag
pn  php4           <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-apc       <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-apd       <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-auth-pam  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi       <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-curl  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-domxm <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-gd    <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-imagi <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-imap  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-ldap  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-mcryp <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-mhash <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-mysql <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-pgsql <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-snmp  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-cgi-xml   <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-cli       4.3.10-19      command-line interpreter for the php4
script
ii  php4-common    4.4.7-0.dotdeb Common files for packages built from
the php
un  php4-cups      <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-curl      4.3.10-19      CURL module for php4
un  php4-dbase     <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-dbtcp     <none>         (no description available)
ii  php4-dev       4.4.7-0.dotdeb Files for PHP4 module development
un  php4-domxml    <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-gd        4.3.10-19      GD module for php4
un  php4-gd2       <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-gpib      <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-idn       <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-imagick   <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-imap      4.3.10-19      IMAP module for php4
un  php4-interbase <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-kadm5     <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-ldap      <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-maxdb     <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-mcal      4.3.10-19      MCAL calendar module for php4
un  php4-mcrypt    <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-mhash     4.3.10-19      MHASH module for php4
rc  php4-mysql     4.3.10-19      MySQL module for php4
un  php4-odbc      <none>         (no description available)
rc  php4-pear      4.3.10-19      PEAR - PHP Extension and Application
Reposit
un  php4-pear-log  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-pecl-ps   <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-pgsql     <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-ps        <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-recode    <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-rrdtool   <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-sablot    <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-snmp      <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-sqlite    <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-sqlrelay  <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-sybase    <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-syck      <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-tclink    <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-xml       <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-xslt      <none>         (no description available)
un  php4-yaz       <none>         (no description available)

for php5

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

   libapache2-mod-php5: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1) but
2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6 is to be installed
                        Depends: libdb4.4 but it is not installable
                        Depends: libkrb53 (>= 1.4.2) but 1.3.6-2sarge3
is to be installed
                        Depends: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8c-1) but it is not
installable
                        Depends: libxml2 (>= 2.6.27) but 2.6.16-7 is to
be installed
E: Broken packages

uppercase=bad)
un  libapache-mod- <none>         (no description available)
un  libapache2-mod <none>         (no description available)
un  php5           <none>         (no description available)
un  php5-cgi       <none>         (no description available)
un  php5-cli       <none>         (no description available)
ii  php5-common    5.2.2-0.dotdeb Common files for packages built from
the php
un  php5-fcgi      <none>         (no description available)
un  php5-gd        <none>         (no description available)
un  php5-mysql     <none>         (no description available)
un  php5-mysqli    <none>         (no description available)

Thanks

Rhys
--
   .^.