[Gllug] Problem with KMail

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon May 14 17:59:42 UTC 2007

Hello,
   I have just upgraded a box from Debian Sarge to Etch. All appeared to go
well, but KMail crashes every time I try to run it for the main user of the
box. It works normally for two other occasional users, so I just want to
reset the configuration for the main user. I am running a SmartHost
mailserver in another box, and other boxes can access the same user mail.
   Unfortunately I have not been able to find which file(s) store the
configuration, or re-run the configuration proceedure (it does not appear
until KMail is running). Setting up KMail for another user shows that about
5-6 files are modified, but they are not easy-to-read plain text. I can
re-install KMail, but the original configuration problems are retained. I am
not able to remove KMail without removing KDE and all its components, and
have no wish to change the very complicated desktop setup for this user.
   Do I have any option apart from moving to a different mail system (which
I have done for the moment)?

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk