[Gllug] List back

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon May 14 12:20:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, michael enoma aghayere wrote:

> Thanks for plugging us back into the matrix. Do we know exactly what
> resulted in the downtime and are there measures in place to perhaps
> prevent it happening in future? Part agenda for the group's next
> meeting?

The problem arose because the power supply in the server did not survive
the failure of a PDU.

I had intended to get the server back online within a couple of days but a
combination of things (largely my being unable to physically get into
Docklands to effect the fix due to family commitments) I had been unable
to get it done until last night.

I have decided that the server the lists are currently on should be
completely replaced with shiney new hardware so I am now looking at the
finance considerations for this.

I'd appreciate if anyone can recommend a good supplier of servers that are
not too power hungry.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk