[Gllug] Hard drive problems

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Thu May 31 17:36:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 04:00:01PM +0100, Rich Walker wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else has them, but yesterday and today I had a
> Samsung Spinpoint SP2514N fail each day, with lots of IDE busy errors.
>
> I've just removed them and now a Maxtor drive is doing the same thing.
>
> Kernel version 2.6.20 SMP - any ideas?

Power supply problems?

I've had quite a few SATA disks (Seagate) appear to fail in my RAID array, and
after sending a number of them back, it was suggested that maybe my PSU had
issues (indeed one of the rails was under-voltage). Replacing the PSU fixed the
issue.

Dan
--
Expect the worst.  It's the least you can do.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk