[Gllug] sendmail Smart Host Authentcation

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Nov 5 23:51:33 UTC 2007

Ken Smith wrote:
> My Google foo is not working for me today. What is the recommenced setup
> to get sendmail to authenticate with a outgoing smtp server. I'm getting
> conflicting ideas from google....
>
> The environment is FC6. I've tried various incantations in /etc/access,
> having set up the smarthost in sendmail.mc and rebuilt access.db and
> sendmail.cf,  but mail.btclick.com isn't having any of it.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ken

I'm still banging my head against this problem. Is there anyone who has
successfully got sendmail to authenticate with an external mail server
who could share their config? That would be much appreciated. I haven't
analysed the protocol on the wire with ethereal yet but currently the
evidence suggests that this function is broken in sendmail at the moment.

:-(

Ken

believed to be clean.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk