[Gllug] automatically starting eth0:1 after network connection lost

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:18:36 UTC 2007

Hi GLLUG,

One of my clients has a development server in their office that I and
other contractors use remotely, unfortunately their network is a bit
on the unreliable side, and the external facing (via some router
jiggery pokery) ip address on eth0:1 doesn't come back up after the
router brings the link down and back up.

So.. anyway - my feeble google skills are failing me here and I was
wondering what the simplest way is to ensure that eth0:1 comes back
when eth0 does? (it's a Centos 5 box)

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk