[Gllug] Choosing a new mobile phone

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:45:32 UTC 2007

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, Tethys wrote:

> Phil Reynolds writes:
>
> > I am about to choose a new mobile phone. I am looking for one with
> > GPS built in, and the other major condition is that it must work
> > OK as a modem in Linux.
>
> I have similar desires (as well as a few others) in a phone, and at
> this point, I can't justify going for anything other than a Nokia
> E90.  It's the first communicator that's a sensible size.

Actually it's slightly larger than the fantastic 9300i but feels
considerably more bulky.

I'm still wondering if I made the right decision in switching to the
e90 and handing the 9300i to my wife.

The port of PuTTY can't do 80x24 properly, the closest readable font
is 88x23 which is annoying for me.

Damion

Damion Yates - damion.yates at gmail.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk