[Gllug] GPL & Licence Fees

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 12 20:06:00 UTC 2007

On 12 Nov 2007, Juergen Schinker stated:

>>> if you sell it you distribute it so you apply to GPL and have to supply
>>> the
>>> source-code
>>
>> Uhm,... yes.
>>
>> How is this relevant to the paragraph which you are apparently attempting
>> to comment on?
>
> well you seemed to differentiate between distribute and sell

He was trying to point out that you're under no obligation to e.g. give
it to anyone who asks, or indeed to anyone who hasn't paid. You just
can't sell the binaries without the source, and can't stop the people
you sell it to from undercutting you by, say, giving it away for
nothing.

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk