[Gllug] Trouble Upgdrading to Ubuntu 7.10

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Mon Nov 5 09:01:31 UTC 2007

"Ayodeji Audu" <ayo_audu at yahoo.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I tried upgrading to Ubuntu Gibsy Gibbon from Feisty Fawn.
>
> I get this error message:
>
> http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-backports/Release: Unable
> to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file
> (malformed Release file?)

I don't why the Release file appears to be buggered, but this is a
Feisty repository, not Gutsy.

You will need to change every feisty reference to gutsy in
/etc/apt/sources.list*

Also, if you don't use them, consider removing backports (less stable)
and possibly also source code.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk