[Gllug] Getting rid of Lilo from USB pendrive?

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Wed Nov 21 22:30:32 UTC 2007

Have been trying to install various distros on a 4G Kingston Data USB
pendrive. Partial success with an old copy of Zenwalk, but now I can't get
rid of it. The stick is bootable.

Looking at it with qtparted under Knoppix. Two partitions, sda1 and sda2 (old
swap), Got rid of sda2 and reformatted sda1, with fat32 (was ext3), so there
should be no files on it. But Zenwalk still half-boots. It must be hiding
somewhere.

I'd like to get rid of Zenwalk and try something else, without making the
stick completely unbootable.

Any suggestions?

Christopher
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk