[Gllug] VoIP at home, softphone, interoperability

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Tue Nov 27 22:41:49 UTC 2007

David L Neil Mailing list a/c wrote:
> What of interoperability with Windows clients and NetMeeting, Skype,
> Google Talk, or whatever (or is such a complete pipe-dream)?

Depending on how Open you want your solution to be:

we have found X-Lite to be effective. It is free but not Open.

http://www.counterpath.com/xlitedownload.html

Clients for Linux, Mac, Windows, plays nicely with Asterisk, Fonality;
works with all SIP gateways we have tried, (sadly) beats all other Linux
clients we have tried.

Can't speak for the other aspects you mention.

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk