[Gllug] Low Power / Quiet - Silent PCs

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 09:57:22 UTC 2007

On Fri 02 Nov, John Hearns wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 08:02 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
>

> > >   http://www.koolu.com/
> >
> >    And make sure the whole cupboard does not overheat, it may take longer
> > but it can still cause failures later.
> >
> No, the TRUE geek would fit a chilled water system in the cupboard.
> You mean you don't have hot and cold aisles in all your rooms?
>
> Talking about heat from one box,
> I'm dealing with over 200 at the moment, in a somewhat bigger cupboard.
> The racks all have huge fan units replacing the rear doors, which blow
> hot air upwards like a row of factory chimneys. You can connect the
> doors to the network, fer goodness sake.
> They produce a fair belt of heat.

   I have been trying to devise a water based cooling system. I have a front
porch facing the afternoon sun, and mains water supply entering the house
below. I would like to locate boxes that connect to the internet in the
porch close to the BT termination, and could possibly feed water to my loft
storage tank via a heat exchanger.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk