[Gllug] Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 2 21:30:34 UTC 2007

tbh with their attitude on the TV streaming issue, I'm a bit ticked
off with the BBC right now... I've also stopped listening to their
Digital Planet podcast, which I used to love, because their pundit
Bill Thompson seems to have become an irrational, died in the wool,
linux hater as far as I can see - he's a right t*t

so screw em quite frankly - I couldn't give a toss what they say anymore

On 02/11/2007, Lord Calvin <mail at lordcalvin.co.uk> wrote:
> We've all misplaced a double for an int.
> Can't blame the BBC ^_^
>

> On 11/2/07, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk > wrote:
> > Caroline Ford wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > I note that Highfield had gone back on his figures..
> > >

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2007/11/linux_figures_1.html
> >
> > You've got to love that kind of statement from a corporate
> marketing-droid:-
> >
> > "It depends on how exactly we count the users.  If we count them one way
> > we get 400 but if we count them another way we get 97,600."
> >
> > Yes, I'm sure we can all understand a teensy little discrepancy like
> > that.  It's probably down to a rounding error or something.  Oh for a
> > little bit of honesty.
> >
> > John
> > --
> >

> --
> Calvin
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk