[Gllug] Trouble Upgdrading to Ubuntu 7.10

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:39:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 16:10 +0000, John Levin wrote:
> Caroline Ford wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 15:25 +0000, Ayodeji Audu wrote:
> >> 1) am using update manager for the upgrade.
> >> 2) how do i copy the contents of etc/apt/sources.list?
> >>
> >> Ayo
> >>

> > I wonder if this is caused by the lack of gutsy backports - and is a
> > mistake at the server end?
> >
> > Caroline
> >

> I've got gutsy backports enabled, and am not having this problem.
> Perhaps it could be a problem with the local server, signified by the ng
> in the address:
> http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-backports/Release
>
> HTH
>
> John

Do you have sources enabled too? (the error referred to deb-src)

http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy-backports/Release looks
fine

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy-backports/Release looks
identical

I'm guessing a typo in /etc/apt/sources.list though

Ayo -

Could you open text editor and load /etc/apt/sources.list and then paste
the contents into an email?

Have you installed anything weird like automatix?

Thanks

Caroline

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk