[Gllug] Thinkpads

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:32:27 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 7:27 PM, M.J. Smith <indigojo_uk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Whoever you buy from, make sure you ask them whether
> they will honour the warranty if you install Linux on it.

Don't expect them to support your Linux woes. However, they still have
an obligation to fix hardware problems, and although you might run
into problems initially, you can usually get around them if you make
enough noise. I know you shouldn't have to, but sadly that's often how
it is. See:

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/09/13/pc_world_linux/

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk