[Gllug] Linux Training Issues

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 1 08:35:08 UTC 2007

Depends what distro you're using, but many of them have great
documentation online - this is certainly true with Ubuntu. I'd be very
careful about what book you pick up in Foyles, some of them aren't
worth the paper they're printed on... perhaps someone can suggest
appropriate manuals to the OP?

Personally, my inclination would be to start at the appropriate page
online with the docos for your distribution or use wikipedia as a
starting point and jump off from there...

On 31/10/2007, Adrian J Cole <adrian at ajcole.com> wrote:

> Geo wrote:

> >>    Have a look at The Linux Documentation Project, especially the guides
> >> (general) and HOWTOs (more specific). Some are a bit dated, but contain
> >> plenty of basic background information. There is a huge amount of software
> >> available, and it usually has its own up-to-date information, when you know
> >> where to look.
> >>
> >> http://www.tldp.org
> >> Running Linux
> >>
> >> --
> >> Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
> >> Microsoft sells you Windows ... Linux gives you the whole house.
> >

> >  Hi,
> >  you will need two bibles by your side when learning Linux:-
> >  Linux in a nutshell & Running Linux between them they cover 98% of what you
> > need to know
>
> Thank you, will wander off to Foyles and have a look
>
> Adrian
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk