[Gllug] Uh oh, ministers consider "anti file-sharing laws"

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Oct 25 23:52:08 UTC 2007

On 25 Oct 2007, Martin A. Brooks uttered the following:

> John G Walker wrote:
>> This is not what theft is. Theft involves doing this and, in the
>> process, depriving others of the games and music.
>
> Which is what happens.  The publishers don't get money and therefore
> can't buy games and music.  Or pay salaries.

By this argument, it should be illegal for you to deprive the music
industry of the entire contents of your bank account.

That you don't choose to give them this, depriving them of money, does
not make you a thief.

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk