[Gllug] Uh oh, ministers consider "anti file-sharing laws"

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 11:29:09 UTC 2007

If you email a copy back then I guess you are returning the property - so no
theft!

If you email a copy to someone else,  thats a different scenario  :-)

I was not being serious, just provocative  !!

The problem with a lot of laws, whether regarding theft or other matters, is
that they often lag horribly behind technological developments.
You may recall them having to invent a new law regarding 'stealing' of cars
by joyriders, as they were unable to prosecute successfuly for theft (the
defense being, I recall, that the joyriders did not intend to 'permanently
deprive').

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk