[Gllug] Linux online banking yet again, especially with Konqueror

David Bell grimpen at wife-2cats-and.me.uk
Thu Oct 4 11:36:14 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 Oct 2007, Pete Stean wrote:
> Natwest are fine with Firefox - and they now have a "thing you have" -
> I woudn't call it a dongle though - it's a keypad with screen that you
> slide your card into lol - not the most ultra-portable thing I've ever
> seen

I recommend <http://www.cooperativebank.co.uk>  works fine with Iceweasel and
Konqueror

I banked with Barclays for 47 years, the last 10 on-line.  The on-line banking
slowed down significantly recently , often coming to a grinding halt. Users
were recommended to log in during the evening.  Noting that Barclays sponsor
football, but seemingly can't be bothered with spending money on their IT, I
voted with my feet and changed to the Co-Operative Bank who, unlike Barclays
don't bombard customers with adverts during after logging in.

Thus nearly 90 years of family banking with Barclays ended.

--
W. Devon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk