[Gllug] decent/quick server supplier

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:29:09 UTC 2007

Hi gllugers,

I've just started a new contract at a company in london, and we need a
testing server in the office that roughly matches the spec of the
production servers and I'm hoping we can get it in the office and
running in days rather than weeks.

Looking for somebody who can supply something like a dual high end
intel cpu, with 3 or 4 gb RAM, 2 or 4 x 60 GB SAS HDD, decent mobo,
etc - likely to be sitting on the floor rather than in a rack.

Any suggestions where we could get such a beast without wasting weeks
faffing with purchase orders and salespeople at the big names like
dell, hp, or IBM? Although if Dell, etc can actually turn around a
decent box in days rather than weeks that would be dandy.

I checked my gmail archives back to 2005 and couldn't find any
recomendations of suppliers, so my apologies if I've missed somebody
answering this already.

Cheers.

A.

--