[Gllug] not so great hacker/tech movies

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 07:57:13 UTC 2007

On 5 Oct 2007, Panos Savvas outgrape:
> The Core: "We need you to control the flow of Information on the Internet
> while we jump start the Earth"

The computing stuff there isn't all that ridiculous (David Brin's
_Earth_ does much more ridiculous things), but `... jump start the Earth'?!
What, do they think it runs on batteries or something?

(Alteratively, do they think they can start a lunar mass of molten iron
flowing on their own? Why on earth would it stop, anyway?)

> Swordfish: "Let me just find my virus. Ok I have released it.... Come on
> come on come on.... I'm in!"
>
> Any others?
>
> Quite cute how most 'hacker' screen shots seem to be variants of light linux
> desktops :)

I remember when it was all IRIX... :)

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk