[Gllug] not so great hacker/tech movies

Salim Virani salim at salimvirani.com
Fri Oct 5 14:02:31 UTC 2007

Office Space has the best Mac OS Classic / Win 3.1 / DOS combo OS
ever.  (Though it's so audacious I think they did it on purpose.  They
are, after all, copying the virus file onto a floppy disk so they can
hand it off to the guy who's going to plant it in the bank mainframe
to steal millions of fractions of pennies.)

Or the conversation in Hackers about someone's new P6 computer. Pretty
realistic until someone says, "RISC is good!"  Though I'm over
Angelina, I still want a BIOS that has a flaming skull logo at boot
up.

In Sneakers, there's a blind guy who can listen to signals coming
directly from an IC to isolate which parts do the decryption.  Yeah,
that was definitely a Diffie-Hellman key exchange, not an MD5 hash.
Diffie-Hellman alwasys sounds like Autechre.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk