[Gllug] Embedded Linux & 1Gbps?

Thomi Richards thomir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:42:27 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'd like to build a small embedded box that runs Linux - but I'd like
to have 1Gbps ethernet connectivity. I can't seem to find any; Does
this indicate a general lack in the market, or is there a technical
reason for it?

Most of the boards I've looked at(*) seem to run at around the 250Mhz
mark. Not knowing anything about the hardware theory behind these
products, could this be the limiting factor?

Has anyone seen something like this available? I guess at a pinch I
could always go with something larger and more powerful, A mini-itx
board perhaps... but I was hoping to keep this project small...

Cheers!

(*) Among others:
http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap1e203.htm
http://www.routerboard.com