[Gllug] Linux online banking yet again, especially with Konqueror

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:12:09 UTC 2007

Natwest are fine with Firefox - and they now have a "thing you have" -
I woudn't call it a dongle though - it's a keypad with screen that you
slide your card into lol - not the most ultra-portable thing I've ever
seen

Pete

On 03/10/2007, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 3 Oct 2007, tethys at gmail.com outgrape:
>
> > On 10/3/07, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> >> (Alternatively, does anyone know which banks
> >> offer decent online-access savings accounts and *aren't* broken with
> >> Konq and/or Firefox? I'd imagine most work with Firefox these days:
> >> am I right?)
> >
> > Hmmm. I could have sworn I replied to this earlier this morning. Anyway:
> >
> > http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2007/banking#list
>
> Wowsers. What a list. Thanks, Mark :) of course *none* of the banks my
> family are recommending is on it. Bah boo sucks.
>
> > Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
> > wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
>
> Seconded.
>
> --
> `Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
> such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk