[Gllug] Linux online banking yet again,

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Oct 3 11:01:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 10:34 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
>    I saw a report that a bank in north west Europe / Scandinavia had been
> hit by a worm that waited until a user had logged in to their account using
> just such a system, and made its own transfers while the link was still open
> but the user had finished.

If the customer's PC is under the control of another to that extent no
security system at the bank's end will prevent this. The security of the
client side is the responsibility of the customer.

As it is once I have logged out or the session has timed out nothing can
happen until I login again.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk