[Gllug] Uh oh, ministers consider "anti file-sharing laws"

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 07:35:04 UTC 2007

On 26 Oct 2007, Christopher Hunter spake thusly:
> Not according to the legend on the CD I'm looking at right now:
>
> "Unauthorised broadcast performance, hire, loan or resale strictly
> prohibited".
>
> This suggests that I can't even loan you one of my CDs!

The Authors' Guild in the US has lobbied for the banning of libraries on
the grounds that copyright law shows that they're just criminal things,
you know.

(Most of the authors who were the Guild's actual *members* grew up
reading books from libraries and were horrified at this stupidity.)

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk