[Gllug] October Meeting,

Gary gpownall at lonix.org.uk
Tue Oct 9 16:44:18 UTC 2007

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Tuesday 16 Oct 2007
Time:  6pm onwards
Place: The Printworks,113/117 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3HJ
Map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=EC1R+3HJ&spn=0.005,0.02&hl=en
Nearest Tube:  Farringdon
Phone: 07763336829

There are 2 events on this days:

9:30 - 5pm : UKUUG on day seminar
6pm - 11pm : Lonix Meeting (Printworks Farringdon)

They are both fairly close to each other so you can make a day of it.

"Databases and the Web"
Tuesday 16th October 2007. 9:30 - 5pm
Imperial Hotel, Russell Square, London WC1B 5BB
UKUUG members: ?99.87 / 146.87 Non Members
(Tushar will be doing the morning talk here - details at the bottom)

Once again we'll be returning to 'The Printworks' for our October meeting.

We can either eat 'in House' or if anyone knows of some good places nearby, then feel free to suggest them.

Anyway... some info about the pub and the meeting...

As Weatherspoons pubs goes, this really is one of the best.  It is a huge pub with lots of alcoves and spaces to go if you want to be alone, though hopefully not at a Lonix meeting.  It has a good selection of guest ales, and being Weatherspoons the booze is remarkably cheap

There are Plasma screens dotted about if you want to keep your eye on the sport, Eastenders, or coronation Street (boo, hiss)and they have WiFi access, via "The cloud" so get your laptops out and show us what they can do.

Again, all things open source, linux and I dare say Mac OSX will rear it's conversational head at some point, even if Apple have now "closed" the source code for the OSX kernel making it proprietary (thanks Dan)

UKUUG One day Seminar Line up:

MySQL Database for High Availability Web Applications
- Tushar Joshi, Turtle Network Systems
PostgreSQL Web Projects: From Start to Finish
- Simon Riggs, 2ndQuadrant
Tuning Tips for Linux and AIX to run a Database
- Nigel Griffiths, IBM
Introducing Oracle Application Express: Database
application development for the web in no time flat
- Julian Lane, Oracle
DB2 on Linux for Web Development
- John Pickford, IBM
iPlayer Server-Side: The Evolution of an XML Tool-Chain
- Matthew Browning, BBC

See you there

Gary

P.S.  Please only use my number for directions and preferably on the day.

Gary

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact us on www.lonix.org.uk/?showContact

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk