[Gllug] NFS problem

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 22 23:56:33 UTC 2007

On 22 Oct 2007, John Hearns spake thusly:
> Sadly, in the era of Tbyte drives, the probability of dual failures
> during reconstruction of RAID-5 sets is getting significant

A monthly

echo check > /sys/block/md{N}/md/sync_action

is your friend. (But even that won't reduce the probability far enough
for the paranoid. RAID-6 takes even more drives, of course, and some of
us don't have the bay space or the money...)

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk