[Gllug] Desktop and Workstation suppliers in the London area

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Oct 18 09:59:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 23:20 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> A fair few of us have used and can recommend a reasonable number of good
> providers of Linux server hardware, however does anyone have recommendations on
> Desktop/Workstation suppliers ?
>
> Because I tend to buy in the bits and homebrew my machines, I seem to have never
> really needed to look around for such suppliers before.

DNUK do workstations as well.

I recently bought 3 PCs from Dell to run Linux on however I'm not
recommending Dell as 1 of them crashes with a hardware fault within 1
hour of being powered on (sometimes within 1 minute!) and they are
refusing to accept that there is a hardware problem, despite my having
proved no software fault. :(

I'm still stuck in a loop trying to get their Indian script monkeys to
understand the issue however they can only follow their defective
scripts. I'm certain they have already spent more on time and phone
calls than they made in profit from all 3 units.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk